Whether you want to create your own niche Question & Answer website or simply want to add the functionality to your existing website, any of these are plugins will help you get there.
The most difficult task is working out which one to choose.
Installing a forum on your site may help you to boost your web presence, strengthen your online brand awareness and establish a healthy relationship in your niche or industry.
So are you looking to start a Forum on your WordPress website?
Watch the video:
Here are the top 6 Best Question & Answer WordPress Plugins for adding Q&A functionality to your site.
DW Question and Answer is a WordPress plugin which builds a complete Question & Answer system for your WordPress site, like Quora or Stackoverflow. The plugin supports multi-languages, shortcodes, reCAPTCHA, email notification system and so on.
- Submit / Filter / Order / Edit / Delete Question
- Answer / Comment
- Vote and Pick Best Answer
- Notification Email system
- Instant search by keywords
- 11+ languages supported
- Captcha supported
- Shortcodes available
- Private/ Public for Question and Answer
- Questions / Answers follow function
- Sticky Question
- The plugin is frequently updated
The CM Answers discussion forum plugin has many other unique features, like voting for questions and answers, which allows administrators to customize it according to his or her needs.
Admins also have the ability to customize the questions and answers, filter any unwanted content, add answers, and easily keep track of users actions in the forum.
- Multiple file uploads,
- Private messages,
- Ability to subscribe to categories and certain topics,
- Receive notifications when there is new content.
Q & A
Give WordPress a fully-featured questions and answers section – just like StackOverflow, Yahoo Answers and Quora.
- Includes complete front-end interface
- Integrated reputation points system
- Both question and answer voting
- Dedicated user profile pages
- Subscribe to questions and email notifications
- Q&A tags and categories
AnsPress is another substantial free plugin with possibly the best looking interface of all the plugins tested. The layout is clean and simple with excellent use of color for distinguishing between questions, comments and answers. Answers cannot be approved but questions can be marked as closed, solved or duplicate. Both questions and answers can be flagged and voted up and down.
List of activities for which notification are sent:
- New question (only admin)
- New answer (admin and subscribers)
- New comment (subscribers, as by default WordPress notify admin about new comments)
- Best Answer (Selected answer author)
- Edit Question (only admin)
- Edit Answer (only admin)
- Delete question (only admin)
- Delete answer (only admin)
- Tags subscription
- Category subscription
Sabai Discuss for WordPress
SabaiDiscuss is a premium plugin available via CodeCanyon.
It is an ideal tool not only for building a community driven question-and-answer website but also for building a discussion forum, a knowledge base, or even a help-desk portal for WordPress.
- Discussion Stream
- Access Control
- Theme Friendly
- Voting Engine
- Report Abuse System
- Easy Moderation
- Profile Pages
- Reputation Engine
- Featured Posts
- Markdown Editor
- Social Sharing Tool
Easily add a Question & Answer community to your existing site or create a new stand-alone community.
- Easily integrate with any existing WordPress Theme
- Free responsive theme included with many features
- Encourage user participation in your blog community
- Integrates with Facebook & Twitter for Viral Growth
- Auto-generate Content from Stack Exchange
If you wish to get some amazing bonus prizes with these plugins,
click here for a glance.