What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, is the name given to activity that attempts to improve search engine rankings.
In Google search results, it displays the link to pages it considers relevant and popular. Popularity is mostly measured by analyzing the content quality and number of links from other web pages.
In other words, we can say that SEO is the simple activity of ensuring a website can be found in search engines for words and phrases relevant to what the site is offering.
SEO is basically a set of “white hat” best practices that webmasters and website content writer follow to help them achieve better ranking in search engine results.
Please keep reading to get a FREE eBook PDF online!
Why Do You Need It ?
As a Website owner, you need to have a plan in place to promote your business and obtain new customers. SEO should be a part of that plan and here are just a few of the reasons why:
- Leads generated from SEO close at an average of 15% which is 12% higher than the conversion rate for outbound leads.
- In a recent survey, only 9% of businesses using inbound marketing with SEO failed to see an ROI. If it works for 91% or businesses, it is very likely to work for you too.
- Blogging is a leading source of leads and traffic for businesses when they are properly optimized for search. SEO will make sure your blog posts get found and drive traffic.
- All the major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo are unique in that they provide targeted traffic—people looking for what you offer. Search engines are the paths that make this happen.
How SEO work?
Search Engine Optimization or SEO helps you to optimize your website so that search engine bots rank it more highly and present it to the right users. This is stimulated by search engines & vital for attracting visitors, but make sure you put the needs of your users first. Attracting people interested in your content is the end goal, not gaming the system.
This is just a short introduction to SEO. My main objective is to inform you what is SEO, but not to teach you how to become an SEO expert. You can learn SEO and become an SEO expert with your hard work and errors.
If you do your own SEO you will still likely want to chat in SEO forums and read ebooks on SEO before starting.
Search engines have two major functions: crawling, indexing, and providing search users with a ranked list of the websites they’ve determined are the most relevant.
3. Search Results (it considers relevant and popular results).
Understand these points with below screenshot:
Benefits of SEO:
- Amongst 250 Million Websites on the Web, SEO Makes You Stand Out
- Take Your Business to the Next Level or Increased Traffic
- Better ROI (Return on Investment) Than Normal Ads
- Cost effectiveness
- Increased visibility among target audiences
- Brand Awareness
- SEO is good for social media
- Explore new markets
- Build a dedicated fan base via AR/PR/Emails
- Earn more money and more…
DealMirror’s Guide To SEO:
As a companion to the table, DealMirror’s Guide to SEO explains the ranking factors in more depth. Links to the another guide are shown below (start at the beginning and each page will take you to the next):
More SEO Guides & Books:
Another excellent guide is “12 Ways to Make Money Online As an Entrepreneur”. This is a free PDF download that covers basic tips that Google provides to its own employees on how to get listed. You’ll find it here. Also well worth checking out is Moz’s “Beginner’s Guide To SEO,” which you’ll find here!
Get SEO News & Advice Delivered To Your Inbox:
Subscribe us for more SEO updates of all the latest SEO related news, tactics and tips from DealMirror.com and other sources all over the Web.
KEY TERMS USED IN SEO:
- ROI – Return on Investment.
- Google Webmasters – It is used to check website complete errors.
- Google Analytics – It is used to check website stats.
- Backlink Analysis – There are so many tools available online. Ex: Majestic, Incognitive and more…
- Keyword Research – Select Keyword low competition and high searches. Tool: Google Adwords.
- Meta’s (title and description) – Design your page title and description as per the recent trend, keyword placement, and their repetition.
- Content Optimization – Maintain the keyword density and repetition as per the Google guidelines.
- Headings – H1 to H6.
- Competitor backlink analysis and submission.
- AR – Article Release.
- PR– Press Release.
So if you think about it, SEO is really just a process of proving to search engines that your website is the best, the most trusted, the most unique, the most authoritative, and interesting site that they can offer to their customer – the visitors or searchers. Get people to talk about you, produce good quality and unique content, get people to link to you (as an Affiliate), and Google will be more confident that you are the best result that they can offer to their searchers, and that’s when you will start ranking on the first page of Google.
Thank you reading this post!!