Easy Web Performance Optimization (WPO) using caching: browser, page, object, database, minify and content delivery network support.
The only WordPress Performance Optimization (WPO) framework; designed to improve user experience and page speed. Recommended by web hosts like Page.ly, Synthesis, DreamHost, MediaTemple, Go Daddy, Host Gator and more.
Trusted by countless companies like AT&T, stevesouders.com, mattcutts.com, mashable.com, smashingmagazine.com, makeuseof.com, yoast.com, kiss925.com, pearsonified.com, lockergnome.com, johnchow.com, ilovetypography.com, webdesignerdepot.com, css-tricks.com and tens of thousands of others.
W3 Total Cache improves the user experience of your site by increasing server performance, reducing the download times and providing transparent content delivery network (CDN) integration.
- At least 10x improvement in overall site performance (Grade A in YSlow or significantGoogle Page Speed improvements) when fully configured.
- Improved conversion rates and “site performance” which affect your site’s rank on Google.com.
- “Instant” subsequent page views: browser caching.
- Optimized progressive render: pages start rendering quickly.
- Reduced page load time: increased visitor time on site; visitors view more pages.
- Improved web server performance; sustain high traffic periods.
- Compatible with shared hosting, virtual private / dedicated servers and dedicated servers / clusters
- Transparent content delivery network (CDN) management with Media Library, theme files and WordPress itself
- Mobile support: respective caching of pages by referrer or groups of user agents including theme switching for groups of referrers or user agents
- Caching of (minified and compressed) pages and posts in memory or on disk or on CDN (mirror only)
- Caching of feeds (site, categories, tags, comments, search results) in memory or on disk or on CDN (mirror only)
- Caching of search results pages (i.e. URIs with query string variables) in memory or on disk
- Caching of database objects in memory or on disk
- Caching of objects in memory or on disk
- Minification of posts and pages and feeds
- Minification of inline, embedded or 3rd party CSS (with automated updates)
- Browser caching using cache-control, future expire headers and entity tags (ETag) with “cache-busting”
- Import post attachments directly into the Media Library (and CDN)
- WP-CLI support for cache purging, query string updating and more
Requires: 3.2 or higher
Compatible up to: 4.5.3
Last Updated: 5 months ago
Active Installs: 1+ million
Author : Frederick Townes
Source : WordPress.org