This plugin allows to create a clone post or page or edit it as a new draft. If you find this useful, please consider donating whatever sum you choose, even just 10 cents. It’s been downloaded thousands of times: just a few cents from every user would help me to develop the plugin and improve support.
How it works:
- In ‘Edit Posts’/’Edit Pages’, you can click on ‘Clone’ link below the post/page title: this will immediately create a copy and return to the list.
- In ‘Edit Posts’/’Edit Pages’, you can click on ‘New Draft’ link below the post/page title.
- On the post edit screen, you can click on ‘Copy to a new draft’ above “Cancel”/”Move to trash”.
- While viewing a post as a logged in user, you can click on ‘Copy to a new draft’ as a drop down link under “Edit Post” in the admin bar.
Note: Step 2, 3 and 4 will lead to the edit page for the new draft: change what you want, click on ‘Publish’ and you’re done.
Pay attention to the new behavior – The first way now allows you to create a clone post with a single click, speeding up your work if you have many posts to duplicate.
There is also a template tag, so you can put it in your templates and clone your posts/pages from the front-end. Clicking on the link will lead you to the edit page for the new draft, just like the admin bar link.
In the Options page under Settings it is now possible to choose what to copy:
- the original post/page date
- the original post/page status (draft, published, pending), when cloning from the posts list
- the original post/page excerpt
- the original post/page attachments (actual files won’t be copied)
- all the children of the original page
- which taxonomies and custom fields
You can also set a prefix or a suffix to place before (or after) the title of the cloned post/page, and the roles allowed to clone posts or pages.
If you want to contribute to translate the plugin in languages other than English, there is an option i.e. GlotPress translation project available (no registration required! — You can also send me an email using the form on my website).
If you’re a plugin developer, I suggest to read the section made just for you under “Other Notes”, to ensure compatibility between your plugin(s) and mine.
Requires: 3.0 or higher
Compatible up to: 4.5.3
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Active Installs: 1+ million
Author : Lopo
Source : WordPress.org