Are you looking to add Google Maps on your WordPress site? There are plenty of Google Maps plugins available for WordPress which makes it difficult to know which one is the best. In this post, I will show you the 10+ Best Free Google Maps Plugins For WordPress.
An interactive map can be included in your website quite easily. You need to submit your location details to Google. This will also give your website a wider reach and your listings will show up on a Google search.
There are a number of Google Map plugins that you can use, and most of them are fairly competent. You can pick your plugin from the dozen listed here, depending on the features you want to include in your maps.
Plugins will help to add Google Maps to your website. You can embed and customize Google Maps and insert it into your pages and posts, and you can use it as a widget too. Adding local images or landmarks will help your visitors to find you more quickly. You can add a simple map or you can add a map with fancy features with the help of plugins.
MapPress Easy Google Maps
MapPress Easy Google Maps will help you add an interactive map to your website. Just enter the address in any post or page and the plugin will automatically insert a map to your website. Add directions to your address. Create markers with HTML code and drag them about the map till you find the right spot for it. Add pictures and links as well.
To purchase the pro version, you will have to pay $29.95 for the Basic License which you can use with 3 sites and for a Developer’s license, you will have to pay $49.95 with no limit to the number of sites that you can use it on. These licenses entitle you to one year of support and updates.
- MapPress is based on the latest Google maps API v3
- WordPress MultiSite compatible
- Custom post types are supported
- Easily create maps right in the standard post edit and page edit screens
- Create custom text and HTML for the markers, including photos, links, etc.
- Street view supported
- Multiple maps can be created in a single post or page
- Real-time traffic
WP Google Maps
WP Google Maps is great to add on contact page maps, for highlighting delivery area and many other similar needs. Choose from 9 map themes or create and add your own map theme. Insert markers simply by typing in the address and drag them exactly where you want them. Add animation to the markers.
This plugin is compatible with caching plugins. You can use it without being saddled with any advertising links. Store locator functionality is available and you can filter the search for stores based on geographic location.
- The most popular Google Maps plugin on WordPress
- Super easy to use, no coding required!
- Create as many map markers as you need by simply typing in the address
- Responsive maps
- Edit your map markers with the click of a button
- 9 popular map themes to choose from
- Create or add your own map theme
- Drag map markers to an exact location
- Google Maps Streetview supported
- UTF-8 character support
- Map widget functionality
- Support for localization
- and more…
Mapify.it is one of the top map plugins available to WordPress users. Although fully compatible with Google Maps, it also allows you to upload your own custom maps while retaining Google Maps functionality – for example, the ability to pan and zoom. So, if you want a tailored, branded map to display directions to your business, this plugin is probably best-suited to your needs.
- Full support.
- Google maps and enhances it beyond compare,
- The true power lies in the fact that you can use maps of ANY style.
- You simply upload images of your choosing, and
- It let’s you add limitless locations with a simple click.
Maps Builder (FREE)
Maps Builder is one of the better free Google Maps plugins around. It lets you build and edit your map using an intuitive builder feature – the builder resembles the WordPress Customizer. The plugin makes it as easy as possible to add unlimited markers to your maps, adopting a ‘point and click’ system.
The plugin also comes with full control over an extensive set of default map options – such as zoom level, street view, and map style. You can integrate the plugin with Map Icons, too, giving you a wide range of marker options.
- Fullscreen Live Map Builder
- Google Places API integration
- Snazzy Maps integration
- Unique Marker Icons
- Intuitive UI
Google Maps Widget (FREE)
Looking to add Google Maps specifically to your widget areas? Many plugins offer this feature, but Google Maps Widget was built primarily as a widget. However, due to shortcode functionality, you can add maps to any post, page, or custom post type, too.
The plugin boasts plenty of customization options – zoom levels, size, map type, pin marker style, color, and text. If visitors want an expanded view of your map, they can also click to activate an expanded lightbox-version of your map.
Comprehensive Google Map Plugin (FREE)
A simple and intuitive, yet elegant and fully documented Google map plugin that installs as a widget and a short code. No limited plugin editions or limited functionality! This is the full version of this free and premium plugin, which comes packed with useful.
- Intuitive and user friendly interface, which makes it very easy to configure Google map.
- With over 250 amazing custom marker icons to choose from!
- Aggregate all markers from your published content in one map – Marker Geo Mashup!
- Dozens of configuration options to choose from, including marker clustering
- Add end-user’s current GPS location to the map!
- Fully documented.
- Shortcode builder available, which integrates with post/page editor.
- Insert saved shortcodes directly to posts/pages
- Widget enabled.
- and more…
Snazzy Maps (FREE)
Want to build the funkiest, most stylish maps possible? Look no further than Snazzy Maps – a free-to-use plugin for personal purposes, or available from $10 for businesses.
Snazzy Maps lets you apply user created ‘styles’ to your maps – similar to filters in photography. There are hundreds and hundreds of creations on the Snazzy Maps website – browse them here – with plenty of beautiful, distinct styles to pick from.
- Browse through hundreds of free styles.
- Quickly apply styles to all of the Google Maps on your WordPress site.
- Works with most Google Maps plugins.
- Access your favorites from Snazzy Maps by signing up for an API key.
- Build and customize your own styles on Snazzy Maps and access them through the plugin.
- Free to use for personal and open source projects. Affordable licenses for businesses
Responsive Styled Google Maps ($16)
Another premium one now. Responsive Styled Google Maps is capable of producing some of the prettiest maps around. In fact, there are over 50 unique styles in total, with a further ten marker icons (or you can upload custom icons).
With map style the focal point, it’s little surprise that this plugin ships with a handy ‘live preview’ option. This allows you to view the map you’re building and the changes you make in real time. The plugin comes with extensive settings, letting you configure the map exactly to your specifications. Other features include marker pop-ups, clustering, and search functionality.
- 100% responsive and mobile friendly
- Works in sidebars, posts, pages and custom post types
- Can create a map with multiple markers
- There can be more than one maps in a page/post
- The small window popups accept HTML code
- Search box
- Clustering option
- Show/Hide the points of interest
- 50 included colorful map styles or a hue color
- 10 included marker icons
- You can use your own icons
- “Locate me” button
- Every control on the map can be turned on/off
- Directions link
- W3C valid, does not break your W3C validation.
- and more…
Intergeo WordPress Google Maps Plugin (FREE)
Next up, a powerful, feature-rich map plugin from the team at Theme Isle. The Intergeo WordPress Google Map Plugin’s main draw is the ‘map builder’ functionality. This gives you full control over your maps’ appearance, with a choice of default positioning, the opportunity to configure a stylish color scheme, and the ability to overlay a variety of marker styles on your maps.
The theme also supports a helpful ‘cloning’ tool – this allows you to duplicate the settings of your maps for speedier configurations in future. Most innovatively, though, the plugin features an awesome AdSense integration service, so you can even monetize your maps.
- Clean & Validated Code
- Shortcode Integration
- Unlimited Iterations
- Unlimited Options
- Custom markers
- and more…
CP Google Maps
If you are writing a post about a location in a remote corner of the world, you would like your readers to have an idea where the place is on the map. CP Google Maps will let you insert a map into your posts directly. You can even include markers for the related posts. The number of markers you use can be adjusted in the settings.
In the premium version, points can be displayed with tags and routes can be drawn between the points. Multiple maps can be inserted in a page and maps can also be inserted as a widget in the sidebar. A visitor can get directions on the map. Style the maps and display user location if you wish. You can purchase the premium version for $19.99.
- Markers customization.
- Display or hide the bubbles with markers information.
- Allows to display a bubble opened by default.
- Allows to embed Google maps in multiple languages.
- Displays markers belonging to posts of the same categories.
- and more…
Remaining Plugins will be coming soon…
If you wish to get some amazing bonus prizes with these plugins, click here for a glance.
And with that, we’re done: a quick run through of 10+ Best Free Google Maps Plugins For WordPress has to offer.
All plugins featured in this list are easy to use, offer a neat collection of features and functionalities, and are affordable – in fact, the majority of the plugins included today are free.
Feel free to suggest your own Plugins for this collection.