If you’re thinking about starting a podcast or have already started recording a few episodes but don’t know how to publish it to your WordPress website, this blog post is for you. Here you’ll learn about the Top & Best Plugins For Podcasting With WordPress.
WordPress has built-in support to handle audio files in various formats. It can automatically embed an audio file in a supported format, but what if you need more features like playlists, customization options, etc?
Today in this article, we have hand-picked 6+ Top & Best Plugins For Podcasting With WordPress.
PowerPress is a free WordPress podcast plugin from Blubrry. Although Blubrry is a media hosting service, you don’t have to be a subscriber to use the plugin. The plugin’s well separate Simple andAdvanced modes help you navigate its many features without getting confused.
In Simple mode, you are given three steps to follow: publish a blog post with your first episode, set up your podcast settings, and submit your podcast to iTunes. You can then switch to Advanced mode, where you get the full list of options.
- Support for iTunes and Google Play Music.
- Simple and Advanced modes make it easy to use.
- Includes a for subscribing to iTunes, Android, RSS or email.
- Set up for podcasting SEO.
- Migrate files from other hosting services.
- Detects audio file size and duration.
- Basic statistics are free, but advanced statistics (with country demographics, traffic sources, and distribution between devices) require a paid subscription starting at $5 per month.
- There are only three audio players to choose from and they can only be styled using CSS.
- Some features are only available to paying subscribers.
Libsyn Podcast Plugin
The new Libsyn WordPress Plugin allows you to connect your WordPress site and your Libsyn account in a two way connection that’s never been possible before. This allows you to publish your episodes straight from WordPress without having to worry about your RSS feed or your media files being hosted on your web hosting server, which as we explained in Libsyn Live, isn’t always the best idea.
You’re free to create a custom post on your WordPress site announcing a new podcast episode while Libsyn handles the RSS and uploading in the background. This will be a must-have plugin for anyone using Libsyn when it officially ships so keep an eye on the plugin’s development and check out the video above for more background.
Seriously Simple Podcasting
It is an easy-to-use podcasting plugin for WordPress that is as powerful as it is simple. It uses a native WordPress interface and has minimal settings so as not to distract you from what you really need to do – publish your content.
- Simple settings so you can get your podcast up and running quickly
- Run multiple podcasts from the same site – each with their own, unique RSS feed
- Gather thorough stats on your listeners using the free stats add-on
- Supports both audio and video podcasting
- Use any post type for your podcast episodes
- Highly configurable and robust RSS feed designed for all podcast services and feed readers – including iTunes, Google Play and Stitcher
- Shortcodes & widgets for displaying podcast episode lists, single episodes and podcast playlists anywhere on your site
- Playable episodes using the built-in WordPress media player
- The freedom to host your media files wherever you like – on the same site or any other server
- Complete user and developer documentation
Seriously Simple Podcasting comes with a growing library of add-ons. Just like the core plugin itself, all of the add-ons are 100% free to use and will always remain that way.
Smart Podcast Player
Smart Podcast Player is a premium WordPress podcast plugin for presenting your podcast with a modern and interactive audio player. It was developed by professional blogger and entrepreneur Pat Flynn, who has had tremendous success with his podcast and blog.
The main feature of this plugin is the ability to change the color and style of the audio player, which is great for matching with your website’s theme. Podcast episodes are added to posts and pages with a button that’s accessible from the WordPress Visual Editor.
- Customize the audio player appearance using a shortcode builder.
- Add social sharing buttons.
- Toggle display of the Download link.
- Display all podcast episodes in a playlist or a single episode in any post or page.
- No coding necessary to customize basic elements.
- Access to support and video tutorials.
- Integration with SoundCloud.
- Works with the PowerPress plugin.
- Requires a yearly or monthly subscription (starting at $12 per month).
- Only supports .mp3 audio format.
Podlove Podcast Publisher
Podlove Podcast Publisher is a flexible and powerful plugin for managing multiple podcast feeds in one site. This plugin can handle advanced audio files (.mp4 aac, .mp3, Vorbis and Opus) and video files (MP4 H.264, WebM, and Theora). Podcasts are shown with the built-in Podlove Web Player, which can be customized by using a shortcode or editing the template file.
- Advanced coding options for the web player.
- Handles most audio and video files.
- Free statistics accessible from dedicated Podlove dashboard.
- Includes Subscribe buttons for iTunes, Instacast and Downcast.
- Somewhat confusing setup process.
- Files are uploaded individually using a single upload directory.
- No option to fetch episodes from a podcast feed.
Cincopa is a full-featured service/software solution for adding a variety of media to a website. They provide tools for multiple content management systems, including WordPress. For podcasters, they offer a plugin to add a customizable player to your WordPress site.
This plugin is best for companies or bloggers with occasional audio or video posts. You will have a subscription RSS feed for your listeners without being burdened with maintaining additional features.
Remaining Plugins will be coming soon…
If you wish to get some amazing bonus prizes with these plugins,
click here for a glance.
We’re eager to hear from you. Do you host your own podcast already? What tools do you absolutely love using? What plugins have you found that make adding podcasts to WordPress simple?
Feel free to suggest your own Plugins for this collection.